Sunday, November 16, 2014

On to a Foggy Season

December is coming, and we all know what this means, it will be the season with longer nights and shorter days. What I really like if this season is the long dark hours, Christmas lights will light the starry nights. Thought I like this season very much, there’s one thing that I hate on this time of the year, Christmas in here in our place has always been rainy, and have I mention yet that I’m on a tropical country?

Rainy season here in my country starts in June, all the way to January or February. One common thing happens on rainy days is the foggy surroundings. Have you watched horror movies where there are some foggy scenes that the character encounters? Yes, we always experience foggy dusk and nights.



The problem with fog is when you’re on the road. It’s really a pain in the a*s if you’re out of fog lights. Fog lights are very helpful when the road has zero visibility. My mustang does not have a fog light yet, so I am planning to put one on. Searching on the internet, I found this one amazingguide, from Harrie Dogge of Elektor Electronics on fog lamp sensor circuit.

I will also put on some rear fog lamp, though it’s not mandatory, it will improve visibility under foggy conditions, it will help those who are following the car see what’s ahead of them. This fog lamp sensor circuit will be built on a mechanical switch that is built into a 13-way female connector in order to switch of the fog lamp. This circuit was also design to anyone who uses a 7-way connector, this switching can also be implemented electronically with the aid on the circuit illustrated below, taken from the original guide article.




So take that extra precaution for your safety on the road. Be a defensive driver. Cheers!

No comments :

Post a Comment