Tuesday, November 11, 2014

I wanted to build this miniRobot for my Son

Robots sure are awesome, why not, it a part of every childhood. The first robot movie I saw was the movie RoboCop (1987) in 1995; I guess you can guess my age now. It got a reboot in 2014 and the effects now are awesome, but nothing beats the original, but I must admit, the new RoboCop is cool too.



I have this amazing idea of building a robot for my son. I found this miniRobot project by Yuri Tikhonov.  The miniRobot will consist of the following hardware:


  • 4WD robot chassis with two DC motors.
  • Dual DC Motor Driver (H-bridge type).
  • The heart of the system: Arduino Yun.
  • Echo sensor: HC-SR04.
  • Power supply: 2S LiPo battery.
  • Some little things.



This is actually taken from the original article.

Firmware


The miniRobot will use an Arduino Yun, a dual processor module; we will need two independent software modules: MCU firmware and Linux software.

The first part – MCU firmware responsible for the connection between low level hardware and the core of the system (Linino Linux PC). Low level hardware consits of:


  • DC Motor Drivers;
  • echo Sensor;
  • voltmeter.


The second part – Actually I have a lot of control software, all of them written in my favorite programming language: python (files *.py)

Hopefully, I’ll be able to create this miniRobot in time for Christmas; I will add some custom modifications along the way.

No comments :

Post a Comment