Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pulse Width Modulation DC Motor Controller, How to Control It?

I was planning to create a PWD DC motor control using a variable resistor or variable resistor connected to a transistor. The problem with this setup is that it generates heat and hence wastes power.  So I research for some good PWD modulation DC motor control to eliminate these problems. The PWM controls the motor speed by driving the motor with short pulses. The pulses created vary in duration to change the speed of the motor. The longer the pulses, the faster the motor turns, and vice versa.



I also found this PWM DC Motor Controller the uses MOSFETs, also if uses an IR2110 H-Bridge Driver. The H Bridge configuration is commonly used in electrical applications where the load needs to be driven in either direction.



I will try to find if this two projects can be customize or the specifications can be joined together to create a better PWM DC Motor Controller. I will post updates about my progress here.

No comments :

Post a Comment